Thursday, September 3, 2009

What the volunteers have said

Taken from the website:
http://www.achievers.com.sg/Volunteers.php

What our volunteers have to said...

Here are testimonials from some of the people behind the Achievers Group and what their work at IMH means to them:

"I was introduced to Achievers through my daughter, Charmaine who is also a volunteer at IMH. That was in Sept ’05 and was my first experience as a volunteer at IMH. I was a little nervous and uncomfortable during my first visit, as I wasn’t sure how to interact with the patients around me. After a few visits, surprisingly, I have become their friend - we chat, we play games, we sing songs together and even have mahjong sessions! We have so much fun and laughter, I truly enjoy every session I have with them."
– Annie Tham

"Initially, my impression on IMH is quite bad. But after I joined the Achievers group in April this year (2006), my impression of IMH changed gradually with each fortnight that I volunteered in IMH. I am glad that I am able to bring smile to the lives of the residents at IMH and provide all the assistance that I can within my limits. Achievers has indeed made me a more mature and improved person. Three cheers for Achievers!!!!"
– Benson, IT Consultant

"I have been a part of Achievers’ fortnightly visits to IMH over the past few months. While I was initially unsure of what to expect, the experience has only made me realize the positive impact I can have on others. Every fortnight I look forward to making new friends at IMH. As I observe the strength and cheer with which the IMH patients face their own problems, it has given me both perspective as well as inspiration in dealing with my own."


-may

No comments:

Post a Comment