Angel unknowingly walks to Rosie's room.
Rosie: No friends? Is that what i hear? DO YOU REALLY HAVE NO FRIENDS?(in the corner)
Angel: (fierce, suspicious) Who's there? Who is eavesdropping on me?
Rosie:(walks out)Oh mine.(mocking) What's there?A pretty little face filled with SO MUCH frustrations...
Angel: It's NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.(About to storm off with clipboard)
Rosie:I was once like you, my dear. When i was so foolish, so innocent... I could tell that you are sad because you keep trying to slim down, to maintain your figure, to look so beautiful on the Television.
Angel: How... how (stop in her footsteps and turn back)did you know all this? I have never told anyone about it.
Rosie:(walks to audience)Well, it's all written on your face. You(point to her and walk around her)DO not dare to consult others for fear of people mocking at you. You(point) do not dare to overcome your difficulties for fear of failure. BUT IS FAILURE REALLY THAT SCARY? You(point) do not have any friends to help you, to care for you genuinely.
Angel: How do you know this?(sad) I admit it, i am insecure and lonely.
Rosie: My dear, I have gone through all this before. Don't you know the all famous Rosabella who has won so many uncountable awards but as she grew older, her wrinkles increased, her face became wizened. As the new young starlet came out, she was forgotten, buried away with everyone else's memories. Sigh.
Angel: (Exclaim)YOU...YOU ARE....(move closer to R, peer at her face)
Rosie: Yes,I am Rosabella. Hard to believe, isn't it? This is how cruel showbiz is, One day you are in and the next day you are out(copied from project runway!haha)Now, my dear, you must be wondering how i ended up here.
Angel:(nods eagerly)
Rosie: After I lost all my fame and glory, everyone avoided me like the plague. I begged the directors to give me a chance to act, to appear on television but they drove me away with their heartless stares. I felt depressed and eventually suffered from depression.I tried to commit suicide but i failed and was sent here.
Angel: But why... is showbiz really like that?Have you gotten used to the life here?
Rosie:Well, you only need to know that life is full of hopes, my entering the hospital has been a blessing in disguise. I made new friends and i try to help them overcome their difficulties. (Walk to audience) I HAVE NEVER FELT THIS BEFORE, THE EMPTINESS I HAD WHEN I WAS FAMOUS AND RICH DISAPPEARED, NOW I FEEL THAT LIFE is so MEANINGFUL.
Angel: But... fame and money can satify all your needs, helping people? but we will have nothing in return?
Rosie:(shakes head) There are always two sides to a coin, look at things in another way, by helping people, we have actually helped ourselves. We gain more compassion and Kindness goes a long way. When you help others, others will help you in return. Angel, do listen to my advice.(hold her hands tightly)Showbiz isn't all that good, find a more meaningful job.
ROSIE LEAVES.
Angel: Is that really true? Is Showbiz really so heartless. Why do i feel a new drive to help others in me, i have never felt this sense of satisfaction before?
HI ALL! this is a super super super super long post so michelle will have tons of lines to memorise. and BIGBIGBIGBIG THANKS TO YUHAN WHO IS HELPING ME WRITE THE LAST SCENE.
love(lol), yiyun
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Angel unknowingly walks to Rosie's room.
ReplyDeleteRosie: No friends? Is that what i hear? DO YOU REALLY HAVE NO FRIENDS?(in the corner)
Angel: (fierce, suspicious) Who's there? Who is eavesdropping on me?
Rosie:(walks out)Oh mine.(mocking) What's there?A pretty little face filled with SO MUCH frustrations...
Angel: It's NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.(About to storm off with clipboard)
Rosie:I was once like you, my dear. When i was so foolish, so innocent... I could tell that you are sad because you keep trying to slim down, to maintain your figure, to look so beautiful on the Television.
Angel: How... how (stop in her footsteps and turn back)did you know all this? I have never told anyone about it.
Rosie:(walks to audience)Well, it's all written on your face. You(point to her and walk around her)DO not dare to consult others for fear of people mocking at you. You(point) do not dare to overcome your difficulties for fear of failure. BUT IS FAILURE REALLY THAT SCARY? You(point) do not have any friends to help you, to care for you genuinely.
Angel: How do you know this?
Rosie: I have gone through all this before. Don't you know the all famous Rosabella who has won so many uncountable awards but as she grew older, her wrinkles increased, her face became wizened. As the new young starlet came out, she was forgotten, buried away with everyone else's memories. Sigh.
Angel: (Exclaim)YOU...YOU ARE....(move closer to R, peer at her face)
Rosie: Yes,I am Rosabella. Hard to believe, isn't it? But this is how cruel showbiz is, One day you are in and the next day you are out(copied from project runway!haha)
Angel:But how did you end up here?
Rosie: After I lost all my fame and glory, everyone avoided me like the plague. I begged the directors to give me a chance to act, to appear on television but they drove me away with their heartless stares. I was more and more depressed each day. I tried to commit suicide but i failed and was sent here.
Angel: But why... is showbiz really like that? And you seem to be quite fine now....
Rosie: (smiles a bit) Well, you only need to know that life is full of hopes, my entering the hospital has been a blessing in disguise. I made new friends and i try to help them overcome their difficulties. (Walk to audience) I HAVE NEVER FELT THIS BEFORE, THE EMPTINESS I HAD WHEN I WAS FAMOUS AND RICH DISAPPEARED, NOW I FEEL THAT LIFE is so MEANINGFUL. And now I'm just about to be declared completely cured.
Angel: But... fame and money can satify all your needs, helping people? but we will have nothing in return?
Rosie:(shakes head) There are always two sides to a coin, look at things in another way, by helping people, we have actually helped ourselves. We gain more compassion and Kindness goes a long way. When you help others, others will help you in return. Angel, do listen to my advice.(hold her hands tightly)Showbiz isn't all that good, find a more meaningful job.
ROSIE LEAVES.
Angel: Is that really true? Is Showbiz really so heartless? But she looks so happy, why do i feel a new drive to help others in me, i have never felt that sense of satisfaction before.And somehow I long to have it, to have what she has.
Yi Yun. It's really meaningful and I really think this will work out. Thanks for your hard work. I just edited some phrases here and there.
Uh OH MAN SO MANY LINES?!
ReplyDeleteanyway, i'm supposed to still be a little depressed right, so can i have some maniac laughter around instead of talking so rationally? and and and me and jj not quarelling?