Monday, September 7, 2009

Last Scene. (Scene 9)

(3 nutties and Angel playing mahjong at stage left, while Rosie sit by the side reading her magazine st stage right)

Angel: Pong!
Peanut: Awww man. You keep winning!
Walnut: Yeah! Don't want play with you already!
Donut: Nevermind! We shall unleash our nutties power!
All nutties: YEAH! NUTTIES POWER GO NOW!

(Nurse Coca and Cola come on stage from stage right)
Coca: Yoo hoo! You three have to take your lunch now~
Cola: Hoo yoo! And we don't mind Angel joining us too do we!
(Both nurses giggle at each other and do a butt bump)

(Angel look at the nurses apprehensively, she's not too convince that the nurses are normal, and they might pounce on her anytime)
Angel: Uh, thank you for the offer, but I think I will just get company with Rosie over there. (Rosie remains focused on her magazine)
Cola: Awww man! That's another rare opportunity to be missed!
Coca: Totally! Won't you consider? Pleaseeeee. (Look at Angel with big eyes)
Angel: Uh, I think Rosie would very much enjoy my company, do you Rosie?
(Rosie gives Angel and instinctive look upon hearing her name)
Rosie: Yeah sure, I would like to share with Angel this new edition of Stella McCartney's jackets.
Angel: YEAHH. (Pull the vowels sound) It sure seems interesting, now uhm off you two to the canteen? With the 3 nutties of course.
Coca and Cola: You forgot our names! I'm Coca, I'm...
(Doctor Quek appears out of nowhere, say if Rosie is sitting on a sofa, May hide behind sofa. Else May just enter from stage right)
Doctor Quek: Cola. Now off you two with the nuts to the canteen. (Pushes them towards stage left. Nurses collect nutties and leave stage)

(Angel and Doctor Quek walks toward stage center)
Angel: Thank you Doctor Quek.
Doctor Quek: Ahhh, you're most welcome. It's my pleasure. (Give Angel a lopsided grin) You've been coming to this mental place for over one month and we're really grateful that you volunteered, but this place is just full of nuts, nuts and more NUTS. But of course, I'm not a nut. I'm just wondering why would you want to come to this place filled with those crazy nuts.
Angel: Doctor! Don't say that! They may seem to be different on the outside, but they are not on the inside! Their strong will to continue living with a right mentality is what amazed me most! (Step forward) Before coming here, I thought the mental hospital is just grim and bleak and lifeless. But now, I see hope, love and joy. (Pause at every word) The sincerity and remorse which they display is so genuine that you could see their heart itself. People might shun them like a pest, but why. They are humans too, they have emotions too. They just perhaps made a few errors in life, but they are trying really hard to blend in with the society again. But what do we see in the society! Did the society made the effort to accept them like how they are trying really hard to get back in? Nobody is impeccable, but flaws could be rectify! If only they are given the chance. But the patients here don't even get the chance, so how are they going to prove themselves! They often live in self denial that they don't belong there in the first place. The release from the hospital is indeed the beginning of their right to live like a normal person again, but it was emphatically not the end of their problems. They now had to face the multiple challenges to live independantly in the outside world, and they know failing to meet the challenges will not only be ruinous to self esteem but might lead to a forcible return to the hospital. They are just vulnerable children who needs an angel to look over them and guide them. And that's why I'm here. (Gives a muffled laugh, and stop short, and realised nobody is laughing.) I'm just playing on words.

(Rosie stood up with tears in her face. She had been listening to Angel, rather than reading her magazine)
Rosie: Thank you Angel, thank you so much for making the effort to understand us. I never thought anybody could understand how we felt here. (Hug Angel)
Doctor Quek: (in a mian qiang tone) Ohh, that was indeed an inspirational talk! I am, deeply touched. (Resumes her normal voice to the audience) I wonder whether if anybody took a video of how I cried just now. The video could then keep up my reputation and image.
(Ignoring Doctor Quek and take Rosie with her hands) Angel: Oh Rosie, I'm glad I know you guys too! You guys made a difference in my life! I should be the one grateful to you!
(Angel and Rosie leave from stage left while quareling)

Doctor Quek: (in a sissy voice) I don't care what that Angel say. I'm still going to take my stand~ Buh bye! (Leave from stage right, walks in gay manner)

Lights out.


Okays guys, I finished last scene but maybe it's not that well done and it's really long.
Please give comments.
And May, are you gonna compile the scipt? HAH, I'm must be nuts to expect your answer right away, too nuts already.
Shall sms her now! Read the script! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment