Monday, August 24, 2009

ahem.... err... I worked on the first scene already.. but it might be a bit too long, I'm not too sure. But it's just the rough idea so feel free to give comments and clarify all doubts.


Scene 1

(center spot light on, red CYC.)
Angel: “Stop! Don’t move sweetie, I can’t control where I stab if my hand trembles… what? Why am I doing this to you…? Hmm…. Because I feel like it!” (faces the other side) “Peter, tie them up, this time, we’ll leave no trace…”

(stage wash, CYC off)
Director: (originally sitting on a chair on Angel’s left, now stood up, clapping) Bravo! Magnificent! (walks to stage center, then suddenly turns and point at Angel) YOU! (Angel jumps back in shock) are a natural, my dear! You portray Charlotte SO WELL! Up to the point where you know how many hairs she has! Oh so brilliant! (takes a seat on the chair again, reaches for a file and pen and then opens it up for Angel to see) Now, Sign!
Angel: What?
Director: The contract my child, the contract. You’re the perfect person for this role….
Angel: (cuts in) But… there are parts of the plot I don’t understand, (director looks away and concentrates on looking herself in the mirror while Angel frantically fumbles the script) Clare says “The worst type of criminal is one that’s out of her mind. Because she’s born to be a disgrace to the society.” But isn’t it strange for someone like Clare to be saying this? I mean, she’s an established author……

Director: (suddenly grabs her from behind and then, with arms on Angel’s shoulders, faces the audience) Those mad will always be mad, my child, and I actually can’t agree more with what Charlotte says. (walks a few steps away) It’s a matter of time before she kills everyone anyway….she’s mad, what do you expect? Now, would you just sign the contract and leave the small details to ME? Remember, with this one, you’ll make it big! (Angel nods furiously. Director holds out the pen, Angel quickly takes the pen and signs.) Great! Wonderful! Brilliant! (turns to leave, but turns back quickly) Oh, I almost forgot… as Charlotte is a mental patient, we have arranged for you to make a FEW visits to the mental hospital.

Angel: What?!

Director: (laughs a bit) Ha ha, Oh, It’s all in the contract. Well then, ciao~! (turns and leave)

Angel: Oh gosh, no!!

(Blackout.)




Yeah, that's the end of scene 1. Please edit!

No comments:

Post a Comment